Creamy Beef “Stroganoff”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth or use bone broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large zucchini made into zoodles, or use vegetable peeler to make large peels into "zoodles"
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. To the oil, add the garlic and onion and cook until just softened. Add in the beef and season well with the thyme, salt and pepper. Break up the ground beef with a spoon. Once the beef is browned add in the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Pour the broth over the mixture and cook until bubbling. Stir in the coconut milk and toss in the zoodles. Stir the mixture gently with tongs and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the zoodles are tender. Top with parsley and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!