Creamed Mushroom Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 inch boneless pork chops 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Rub pork chops with the next 4 ingredients on both sides. Let set for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Set pork chops in pan and cook on each side 4 minutes until golden brown. Cover pan with tight fitting lid and remove from the heat. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms and add the garlic. When mushrooms begin to brown, add the broth. Cook 2 minutes and add heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to simmer and let cook until reduced by half.
- Place pork chops on a platter and pour over sauce. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste fluff with a fork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure that the seasonings and the broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 460 Calories; 36g Fat; 27g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 114mg Cholesterol; 107mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!