Coconut Shrimp Stir- Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and shallot; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (coconut through spinach) and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder, chopped cilantro and chopped green onions to taste). NUTRITION: 393 Calories; 26g Fat (57.4% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 251mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!