Coconut Chicken and Cauliflower
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add first 7 ingredients (chicken thighs through salt and pepper).
- Bring chicken mixture to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle chives over the chicken mixture and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of Cauli-Rice (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.) NUTRITION: 359 Calories; 21g Fat (51.8% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 189mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!