Citrus Grilled Chicken Arugula Salad
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups arugula or salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado peeled and chopped
- In a medium bowl, add lemon zest, lime zest, lemon juice, lime juice, honey, garlic, cayenne pepper, olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Pour half of the vinaigrette over chicken and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill chicken over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through. Cut into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, add arugula, tomatoes, avocado and chicken and toss with remaining vinaigrette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 24g Fat (45.1% calories from fat); 56g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 164mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!