Cilantro Steak Salad with Coconut Dressing
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the next 4 ingredients (steak through salt and pepper) and cook for 10 minutes, until steak is to desired level of doneness. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the steak and the next 4 ingredients (lettuce through onion).
- In a blender, blend the next 4 ingredients (coconut cream through honey) and salt and pepper to taste, until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 398 Calories; 32g Fat (72.2% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!