Chicken Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or homemade
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place all ingredients (chicken through thyme) in a large crock cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until chicken is fork-tender and cooked through.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A salad of mixed baby greens, thinly sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 348 Calories; 19g Fat (48.0% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 655mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!