Cauli Pesto Chicken
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 large lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large head cauliflower florets chopped and steamed
- Prepare marinade in a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT chicken and cauliflower; process until smooth.
- Pour half of this mixture into a covered container and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large zipper topped plastic bag; pour remaining pesto on top.
- Seal bag and turn to coat chicken with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat indoor grill pan to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and grill for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove reserved pesto from refrigerator; place it in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat; serve as a sauce over chicken and cauliflower.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!