Caramelized Salmon “Tacos”
- 4 large wild caught salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups Bibb lettuce
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place the salmon. Season salmon with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Place salmon in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add the vinegar, red onion and garlic.
- Bring vinegar mixture to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, until it has thickened into a sauce.
- Place salmon on a bed of lettuce leaves, add some cabbage and drizzle sauce over the top and then sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!