Broccoli and Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients (broccoli through salt and pepper).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the beef, salt and pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and cook for 10 minutes, until beef is cooked through. To the beef, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette in a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 385 Calories; 27g Fat; 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!