Black Bean and Jalapeno Soup with Smoked Chili Cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans drain and rinse
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped (or to taste)
- 1 lime juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons canned chipotle pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear sausages 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add sausages, carrots, onions, garlic, wine, broth, beans, jalapeno peppers, lime juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and cook on low for 8 hours until sausages are cooked through.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, chipotle pepper and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Serve the soup with the smoked chili cream.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies, salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use soy sausage instead of spicy sausage. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine, chicken broth and canned chipotle peppers are gluten free. NUTRITION: 500 Calories; 21g Fat (38.8% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol; 557mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!