- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 small red chilis seeded and chopped
- 2 large onions sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large bell pepper any color, seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 large zucchini sliced thinly
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted cashews (or peanuts)
- In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil and sauté the beef for 5 to 7 minutes
- until cooked through.
- Place on a large plate. Add chilies, onions, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli, snow peas and sea
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste to the skillet and sauté 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables are fork
- tender. Add beef, soy sauce, honey, basil and cashews to skillet and sauté 1 minute.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed New Red Potatoes, steam small new red potatoes and toss them with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Replace beef with Portobello mushrooms. NUTRITION: 444 Calories; 26g Fat (51.6% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 520mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!