- 1 2-pound boneless beef chuck roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 18-oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place roast into crock cooker. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Add garlic, rosemary and onion. Pour on barbecue sauce and vinegar. Cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the beef is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Shred beef with a fork in the crock cooker. Cook for 1 additional hour on low. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure barbecue sauce and apple cider vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 536 Calories; 37g Fat (62.6% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 625mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!