Avocado Caesar Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped*
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium lemons juiced, divided
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 small avocados pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chicken; cook and stir until onion has softened and chicken is cooked through; season with salt, pepper, oregano and cumin then pour half of the lemon juice over the top. Remove skillet from the heat and allow chicken mixture to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad: In a large bowl, toss together next 4 ingredients (kale through cilantro).
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (mashed avocados through coconut milk) along with remaining lemon juice; salt and pepper to taste. Pour dressing over the salad; toss. Add chicken mixture; toss again then serve.
- *Chicken is easier to chop if partially frozen
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, radishes and cucumber spears. NUTRITION: 470 Calories; 31g Fat (55.3% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 156mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!