Avocado Beef Salad
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 head Romaine lettuce coarsely shredded
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook garlic, onion and ground beef for
- 10 minutes or until beef has browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, layer lettuce, arugula, olives, avocado and lime juice. Top with ground beef and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: With a side of steamed asparagus NUTRITION: 509 Calories; 40g Fat (68.9% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!