Asparagus and Avocado Couscous Salad
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous cooked according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 pound asparagus spears cut off tough ends, cut into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 4 scallions chopped (only the light green and white parts)
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- In small bowl, add olive oil and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add couscous, asparagus, scallions, olives, tomatoes, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, avocado and toss to combine. Top with goat cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure couscous and black olive are gluten free. NUTRITION: 515 Calories; 32g Fat (53.4% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 47g Carbohydrate; 9g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 274mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!