Asian Orange Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cubed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups chopped Brussels sprouts
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- To the oil, add the next 4 ingredients (chicken through green onion) and sauté for 5 minutes, until chicken starts to brown.
- To the chicken mixture, add the Brussels sprouts, kale and spinach and saute for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange zest with the coconut aminos and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Stir and turn heat to the lowest setting to keep the stir fry warm.
- In a medium pot over high heat, add the broth and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bring broth to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lime zest and serve with the warm stir fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Green Beans (1 pound green beans, trimmed, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon curry powder, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds: Directions-Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool.) & Cauli rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!