Asian Chicken Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots thinly sliced
- 6 scallions thinly sliced, only the light green and white parts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 limes juiced
- 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound soba noodles cooked according to package directions (or any thin pasta)
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Cook pasta
- In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil and sauté chicken breasts 5 minutes
- Add carrots and scallions and sauté 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add mint, cilantro, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, lime juice, fish sauce.
- And honey. Add chicken, vegetables and warm pasta and toss to combine. Top with peanuts.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown Rice prepare according to package directions. VEGETARIAN: Omit chicken breast. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce and pasta are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 675 Calories; 15g Fat (19.7% calories from fat); 68g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 133mg Cholesterol; 770mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!