Artichoke Garlic Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker, add all the ingredients and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed baby greens tossed with Leanne’s Basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well). NUTRITION: 450 Calories; 22g Fat (41.0% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 670mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!