Apple and Brussels Sprout Turkey Hash
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups halved Brussels sprouts
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium apple cored and chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Set turkey aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining coconut oil. To the skillet, add the Brussels sprouts, leek and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes, until Brussels sprouts are tender. To the skillet add the turkey, apple, salt and pepper to taste, basil and stir. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is warm and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.) NUTRITION: 306 Calories; 17g Fat (47.8% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!