Western Meatloaf Burger
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup plus 2 tablespoons divided
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup minced scallions
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix beef, 1/2 cup ketchup and the next 7 ingredients (bread crumbs through salt and pepper). Use hands to mix well.
- Divide mixture into 4 patties about 1 1/2 inches thick. Place patties in a large skillet preheated on medium-high heat. Cook for 15 minutes covered.
- Brush tops of burgers with the remaining 2 tablespoons of ketchup and cook for 5 minutes more or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Serve immediately while warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure ketchup and bread crumbs are gluten free. NUTRITION: 356 Calories; 22g Fat (54.7% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 131mg Cholesterol; 442mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!