Turkey Kale Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup oats
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper) together and form patties.
- Cook in a large skillet on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and oats are gluten free. NUTRITION: 278 Calories; 11g Fat (35.5% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 278mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!