- 2 large shallots chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger peeled and grated, 3-inch
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey cutlets cut into 1-inch strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a blender mix shallots, ginger, garlic, curry powder and water until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add mixture from the blender and cook until it begins to get darker in color. Let it cook 3-5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 9g Fat (28.3% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 355mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!