Tuna Bacon Salad with Dill Dressing
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound turkey bacon chopped
- 2 cups seeded and chopped cucumber
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups cooked, flaked tuna steak (or use canned)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped bacon; cook for 10 minutes or until very brown and crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Prepare salad: In a large bowl, toss together bacon, cucumber, arugula, green onions and flaked tuna.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through salt and pepper); pour mixture over the salad then toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad: Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with rice vinegar, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste; toss well. NUTRITION: 494 Calories; 33g Fat (59.7% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 121mg Cholesterol; 1174mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!