Sweet and Sour Grilled Pork Chops
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 large red peppers diced
- 1 large zucchini squash diced
- 1 large green pepper diced
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together juice, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, let cook at a rolling boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Make a foil packet with two large pieces of tin foil. Roll up all the edges of the foil so that it makes a bowl shape. Place your diced vegetables inside of the foil bowl.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Place pork chops on top of grill and flavor with salt and pepper. Let cook for 2 minutes, or until grill marks start to appear. Flip over and pour some of the sauce you made earlier on top.
- Place the foil bowl of vegetables on the grill over medium high heat and cook them at the same time as the pork chops. Pour some of the sauce on top of vegetables and stir.
- Cook the pork until it is no longer pink and has reached a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Let the vegetables cook until they start to become tender and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 415 Calories; 15g Fat (32.1% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 1672mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!