Sweet and Sour Broccoli Chicken Toss
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets blanched
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or use low sodium soy sauce
- Stevia to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the garlic, and chicken. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- Next, add the broccoli and cook an additional 5 minutes, until broccoli is bright green and chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (coconut aminos through carrots) and the chicken and broccoli mixture. Toss and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!