Spinach Chicken with Paprika Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 large plum tomatoes diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, turning after 6 minutes. Rest on a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and onion. Stir, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and water and cook 5 minutes more. Return chicken to pan and stir in sour cream.
- Heat on low for 3 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 389 Calories; 12g Fat (29.0% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 146mg Cholesterol; 198mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!