Spicy Guacamole Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 medium avocado peeled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup arugula
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine first 4 ingredients (ground turkey through cilantro); form mixture into patties. Place patties on the grill; cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until the centers are no longer pink.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut aminos and mushroom caps; cook for 5 minutes per side or until tender.
- Prepare guacamole: In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (avocado through onion powder).
- To serve, layer each mushroom cap with a turkey burger, some guacamole and arugula.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed Grilled Veggies: In a large bowl, toss together sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper in melted coconut oil; transfer to a grill basket, place on the grill and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning often. NUTRTION: 320 Calories; 21g Fat (57.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 125mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!