Salmon and Basil Salad
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 large lemon juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 7 cups super greens salad mix
- 1 large avocado diced
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Grill salmon 5 to 7 minutes each side until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Place coconut oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and honey in a blender and pulse until combined to make vinaigrette; set aside.
- In a large bowl, place greens, avocado, chives, and basil. Add vinaigrette, and toss with salad tongs to combine all ingredients. Serve the salmon over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 479 Calories; 32g Fat (58.8% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!