Roasted Pepper Steak with Squash Noodles
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 medium zucchini sliced thin lengthwise
- 2 medium yellow squash sliced thin lengthwise
- Preheat a large skillet on high heat. Season your london broil on both sides with salt and pepper to taste and put it in the pan. Cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes or how long it takes to cook it through.
- Take out of skillet and place on a cutting board to rest.
- In a food processor puree the roasted red peppers. Then add almond butter, coconut milk, garlic powder, onion powder and mustard powder until all is blended together.
- Add zucchini and squash to the hot pan used for the meat along with the sauce and mix together. Let cook for about 5-8 minutes, until the noodles are soft and cooked through.
- Once your noodles are done, add your pasta to a dish, thinly slice your broil and lie on top of your pasta. Serve while hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A tossed green salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure coconut aminos and red peppers are gluten free. NUTRITION: 607 Calories; 40g Fat (59.3% calories from fat); 49g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!