Quick Beef and Spinach Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 4 medium carrots thinly cut
- 1 head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 pounds ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, red cabbage and low sodium beef broth to pan; cover and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add beef, season with salt, pepper, and spinach, then let simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until beef is completely cooked and broken up.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 416 Calories; 19g Fat (40.7% calories from fat); 51g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 312mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!