Pork and Pepper Skewers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil plus more for grill
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 6 pieces
- 1 large yellow bell pepper cut into 6 pieces
- 8 large skewers
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Combine olive oil, grated lemon rind, salt, pepper, and minced garlic in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Add pork and marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Thread pork and bell peppers alternately onto each of 8 skewers. Coat grill racks with olive oil.
- Place skewers on grill and cook 10 minutes or until pork is done, turning occasionally.
- Serve skewers and chard together warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Swiss chard. (Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan. Add 8 cups chopped stemmed Swiss chard, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Sauté for 5 minutes or until chard wilts.) GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 165 Calories; 5g Fat; 24g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!