Pesto Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1 large leek chopped
- 4 cups bok choy chopped
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 6 ounces pine nuts or walnuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee over medium heat. To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- To the chicken in the skillet, add the cauliflower, broccoli and leek. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender or food processor, add the remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth, and add in more olive oil if too thick and not pourable. Pour pesto over the chicken mixture, stir and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!