Orange Pepper Tuna Steak
- 2 large oranges peeled and sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Mix together the first 6 ingredients (oranges through salt and pepper) in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Rub the tuna with olive oil, coriander, salt and pepper. Place in center of grill rack. Cook for 4 minutes. Turnover and cook for another 4 minutes, leaving the inside slightly pink.
- Top with orange mixture and serve warm
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure red wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 325 Calories; 12g Fat (33.5% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!