Marinated Sesame Garlic Steak Skewers
- 1 pound beef steak cubed, cut of your choice
- 2 medium green bell peppers de-seeded, deribbed and cut into squares
- 1 large onion cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- bamboo skewers or metal
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients (steak cubes through basil leaves); transfer to a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Seal the bag and gently shake to coat ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Alternately thread each skewer with a steak cube, bell pepper square and onion wedge. Place skewers on the preheated grill; cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until steak cubes are cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve grilled skewers over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: 312 Calories; 24g Fat (69.2% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 53mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!