Lemon Onion Shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 green onions chopped
- 2 lemons 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (garlic through shrimp). Mix well, cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- At time of cooking, remove shrimp from refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat and add shrimp and marinade to skillet.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring regularly to make sure both sides of shrimp cook through.
- Remove from heat once shrimp are done (pink and opaque).
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Zucchini pasta (julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp). NUTRITION: 344 Calories; 14g Fat (37.1% calories from fat); 47g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!