Grilled Steak and Jicama Salad
- 4 medium steaks of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed spring lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded jicama
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- Rub steaks with oil and salt and pepper. Place steaks on grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until steak reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steak to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the steak with the next 4 ingredients (lettuce through jicama).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (lemon juice through thyme), pour over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 419 Calories; 32g Fat; 19g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 67mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!