Grilled Pork Quesadillas
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 4 10-inch almond flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 dill pickles sliced lengthwise
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl mix together garlic and salt to make a paste. Add pepper and oil. Rub all over the pork.
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH and place pork in center of rack. Cover and cook 10 minutes and turn to cook another 10 minutes. Pork should register at 155 degrees with a thermometer. Set aside on a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- Place onion slices on coolest part of grill and cover. Cook 5 minutes. Remove and set aside turning grill to medium low heat.
- Spread mustard on each tortilla. Layer half of each tortilla with pork, onions pickles and cheese. Fold and press.
- Place quesadillas on grill and cover. Cook for 2 minutes and turn. Cook another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add ground cumin, chopped green onions, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 493 Calories; 31g Fat (57.7% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 1346mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!