Grilled Chicken Salad with Grapefruit Thyme Dressing
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Rub chicken with coconut oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper; place on preheated grill and cook for 7 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from the grill; cool then chop.
- Prepare salad: In a large bowl, toss together chopped chicken with next 4 ingredients (green onions through tomato).
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (grapefruit juice through garlic); pour mixture over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant: Slice 2 medium eggplants in half lengthwise. Cut off enough skin so that halves lay flat; brush both sides with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Grill until tender, 5 to 7 minutes per side. NUTRTION: 251 Calories; 12g Fat (42.9% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 106mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!