Grilled Blackened Tilapia
- 2 pounds tilapia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH grill. Place a large cast iron skillet on the grill.
- While the skillet is heating, rinse the tilapia and pat dry. Mix the next 7 spices (paprika through oregano) together in a small bowl.
- Dip the fish in a thin coat of melted butter then sprinkle both sides with the spices.
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Jasmin rice and steamed zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of tilapia. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 194 Calories; 7g Fat (33.8% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!