Ginger-Avocado Shrimp Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large avocado sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the next 5 ingredients (carrot through gingerroot); stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry for 5 minutes; add the next 5 ingredients (kale through sea salt) reduce heat to medium-low then stir well and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes before serving. Place sliced avocado on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; Steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 458 Calories; 19g Fat (37.1% calories from fat); 52g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 345mg Cholesterol; 920mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!