Fresh Ahi Tuna Salad
- 1 pound sashimi grade ahi tuna
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 inch grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Cut the ahi tuna into 1 inch cubes cutting against the grain.
- Transfer the tuna to a medium size bowl. Add green onions, serrano pepper, fresh ginger, cucumber and salt to the tuna.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut aminos, fish sauce, macadamia nut oil and garlic. Add the coconut aminos mixture to the tuna.
- Fold in the sesame seeds and macadamia nuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Add sea salt to taste and fresh lime juice, right before serving
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed zucchini and yellow squash. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure coconut aminos and fish sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 184 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 283mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!