Crock Cooker: Parmesan Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper together.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Dredge chicken in flour and then dip in egg. Coat in bread crumb mixture.
- Add to the hot oil. Brown the chicken on both sides and then place the pieces in the crock cooker.
- Mix together the tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover the crock cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve the chicken over hot noodles with the sauce. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bread crumbs, flour, tomatoes and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 429 Calories; 26g Fat (55.6% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 868mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!