Crock Cooker: Beef Broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound flank steak sliced and cubed
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Oil the inside of crock cooker. Add the next 7 ingredients (steak through red pepper flakes). Cover and cook on low 3 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water until dissolved. Add to crock cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, place broccoli in crock cooker and stir. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beef broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: 357 Calories; 22g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 1700mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!