Creamy Veggie and Chicken Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups diced winter squash such as butternut, acorn squash, etc.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. To the oil, add the leek and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- To the pot, add the chicken and salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- To the chicken mixture, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Turn heat back up to medium and cook for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!