Creamy Jalapeño Beef Collard Wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 large leaves collard greens steamed till fork tender
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat, add the beef, garlic and salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, until meat is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the next 6 ingredients (jalapeño through lime juice) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, until smooth. Pour sauce over remaining meat in the skillet and stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon meat mixture into collard leaves. Top wraps with onion and cilantro and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!