Creamy Garlic-Basil and Pork Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- In a large crock cooker, add the pork through the salt and pepper and stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is cooked through and no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Add in the basil and coconut milk in the last hour. Serve warm.
Serving Suggestion: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; season with salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!