Coconut Pork and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups cubed pork tenderloin
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork cubes, onion and broccoli; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until pork cubes are browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (garlic through coconut milk); pour over pork mixture. Reduce skillet heat to low; cook for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cabbage and Fennel Slaw: Toss together finely shredded red cabbage and very thinly sliced fennel; drizzle with orange juice, extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar to taste; toss again then serve. NUTRITION: 407 Calories; 24g Fat (51.7% calories from fat); 39g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 105mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!