Coconut Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Heat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (chicken through cilantro). Form chicken mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the onion.
- Cook 5 minutes, until tender. Layer lettuce, burger, onion and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). NUTRITION: 310 Calories; 15g Fat; 36g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!