Coconut Chicken and Parsnips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large parsnips chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. To the skillet, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To the chicken, add the remaining 4 ingredients (coconut milk through honey) and stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 495 Calories; 24g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!